This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best gaming modem . We would recommend using NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 – Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 1 Gigabit | DOCSIS 3.1, Black (CM1000-1AZNAS) as it is available at reasonable price
Best gaming modem Review :
NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 - Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 1 Gigabit | DOCSIS 3.1, Black (CM1000-1AZNAS)
39 used from $93.03
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Works with any Wi-Fi router: Connect any Wi-Fi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate Wi-Fi router.
NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6 Cable Modem Router with 90-Day Cyber Threat Protection Subscription (CAX30S) - Compatible with Xfinity, Spectrum, and Cox, AX2700 (Up to 2.7Gbps) DOCSIS 3.1
1 used from $219.05
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 2Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) and Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers may change over time. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Coverage up to 2,500 sq. ft. and 25 concurrent devices with dual-band WiFi 6 (AX2700) speed (up to 2.7Gbps)
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, storage drive, and more with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB 3.0 port
- DOCSIS 3.1 and 32x8 channel bonding
- Replaces your cable modem and WiFi router. Save up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees
NETGEAR Gigabit Cable Modem (32x8) DOCSIS 3.1 | for XFINITY by Comcast, Cox. Compatible with Gig-Speed from Xfinity - CM1000-1AZNAS (Renewed)
- Support all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service. Separate router required for Wi-Fi
- Docsis 3. 1 up to 10x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3. 0. Docsis 3. 1 is OFDM 2x2+ DOCSIS 3. 0 32x8 channel bonding
- Eliminate monthly cable Modem rental fees - up to $156 per year. Meets DOCSIS 3. 1 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3. 0 networks
- System Requirements- Cable broadband Internet service, Please check your cable Internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility and to ensure it provides DOCSIS 3.1 service, otherwise this modem will only work as a DOCSIS 3.0 modem,Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- CM1000-1AZNAS is not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with cable bundled voice services
ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi Gaming Router (GT-AC2900) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, NVIDIA GeForce NOW, AURA RGB, Gaming & Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security
3 used from $112.19
- Triple-level game Accelerator - optimizes your online gaming packets all the way from your PC to the game server.
- Geforce now recommended router – enjoy an unrivaled cloud gaming experience with no latency.
- Aimesh supported - works with Asus AiMesh compatible routers to create a powerful, flexible, seamless whole-home Wi-Fi system.
- Front-line network security – Lifetime free AiProtection Pro, Powered by Trend Micro, protects all connected devices from internet threats.
- Asus Aura lighting– multiple effects for a stylish vibe while can even be set to reflect the status of your network
NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming 6-Stream WiFi 6 Router (XR1000) - AX5400 Wireless Speed (up to 5.4Gbps) | DumaOS 3.0 Optimizes Lag-Free Server Connections | 4 x 1G Ethernet and 1 x 3.0 USB Ports
13 used from $151.49
- POWERED BY DumaOS 3.0: Reduce ping rates up to 93% and enjoy faster, lag-free online gaming and smoother streaming with this Router OS built especially for gamers
- THE ULTIMATE GAMING EXPERIENCE FOR Playstation 5: XR1000 brings unbelievable speed, lower latency, smoother streaming to your PS5 by leveraging all the benefits of WiFi 6 so you can always beat the competition
- FAST WiFi 6 PERFORMANCE: Wireless coverage at AX5400 Dual-Band speed provides up to 4x more device capacity than AC routers
- COMPATIBILITY: Works with any wired Ethernet or wireless gaming device including PCs, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch consoles
- ADVANCED CYBER-SECURITY: Supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, VPN, and NETGEAR Armor (powered by BitDefender )- a best-in-class anti-virus, anti-malware, and data protection technology
ASUS Modem Router Combo - All-in-One DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 Cable Modem + Dual-Band Wireless AC2600 WIFI Gigabit Router – Certified by Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Charter, and Cox
8 used from $162.64
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
- All in one docsis 3.0 32x8 cable modem + ac2600 wifi router (4x4) provides full bandwidth internet access and expansive wireless coverage
- Stay connected with 4x gigabit ethernet and 2x USB 2.0 ports for your non wifi devices like external storage and printers including support for Apple time machine
- Perfect for streaming and gaming in hd, dual bands (2.4ghz / 5ghz) featuring the latest 802.11ac 32x8 channel bonding technology deliver upto 1.3 gbps download speeds; Ac input : 110v to 240v(50 to 60hz); Dc output : 19 v with max; 3.42 a current
ASUS AX5400 WiFi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX82U) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, AURA RGB, Gaming & Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security
13 used from $144.84
- New-generation WiFi 6 router: Ultrafast speeds up to 5400 Mbps with the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 160MHz channels; Works seamlessly with all your existing WiFi devices
- Mobile Game Mode: Minimize lag and latency for mobile gaming with just a tap on the ASUS Router app
- Dedicated gaming port: 1 of the 4 LAN ports automatically prioritizes any wired device connected to it
- Connect more devices: WiFi 6 router provides up to 4x greater network capacity with WiFi range increased by 80%
- Unmatched coverage: ASUS AiMesh Technology allows you to create a flexible, seamless whole home mesh network with AiMesh-competible routers
NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000-Compatible with Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox for Cable Plans Up to 800Mbps | AC1900 WiFi Speed | DOCSIS 3.0
45 used from $95.47
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7000 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to $168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps).
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage and 30 devices connected with AC1900 speed (up to 1900 Mbps).
- Versatile connections: 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.1.
ASUS AX6000 WiFi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX88U) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router, 8 GB Ports, Gaming & Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security, Adaptive QoS, MU-MIMO
10 used from $203.34
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Wider usage and more convenience 4 antennas plus 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time
- Commercial-grade security – AiProtection powered by Trend Micro blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices
- Better partner with mesh system; compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole home coverage’s support: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8
Best gaming modem – Buyer’s Guide 2021
There are some things you should consider when buying a gaming modem. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a gaming modem. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your gaming modem and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most gaming modems fall within the price range of $ 149.99 to $ 217.99. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 – Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 1 Gigabit | DOCSIS 3.1, Black (CM1000-1AZNAS).
If you want something medium range, choose ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi Gaming Router (GT-AC2900) – Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, NVIDIA GeForce NOW, AURA RGB, Gaming & Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the ASUS AX5400 WiFi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX82U) – Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, AURA RGB, Gaming & Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the gaming modem you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is ASUS AX5400 WiFi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX82U) – Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, AURA RGB, Gaming & Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security
3. The brand
Buying the gaming modem from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your gaming modem to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a gaming modem from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best gaming modem?
The best gaming modem is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 – Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 1 Gigabit | DOCSIS 3.1, Black (CM1000-1AZNAS)
Are there any good deals on gaming modem?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best gaming modem and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest gaming modem?
Although most of the cheaper gaming modem do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on ASUS AX5400 WiFi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX82U) – Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, AURA RGB, Gaming & Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security
Where can I buy the gaming modem?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best gaming modem
We hope you liked the gaming modems that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,